Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book to Box Office: A New Kind of Book Club

Hey all! So sorry about that little disappearing act. I know I haven't posted in two weeks, but I'm back now!

I will be getting right back on schedule tomorrow with The Daily Dahl, although my post will be later in the day. I'm excited to be joining a book club this summer discussing the adaptation of book to film. I work at a cinema, so some of my cinema friends decided to start reading the book before the movie came out and of course I had to join in. 

I've already read and reviewed World War Z by Max Brooks and I'll be posting a film review next week. Right now I'm reading the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I have to start with the first one because I haven't actually read the series yet. The second book will be adapted to film shortly so I need to get reading! 

Any books you're excited to see the films of? Maybe you have some books in mind that you think would make great films. I'm excited to start discussing these two mediums in tangent. Obviously novels and films are very different, but both have their merits and I can't wait to explore them further. 

Here's what I'm reading now:



Opens 8/7/13











And here are a few books lined up for book club: 
Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Opens 8/21/13
 Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Opens 11/1/13

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Opens 11/22/13

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio